- This event has passed.
Boroondara Sustainable Living Festival
19/11/2022 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
The Boroondara Sustainable Living Festival is back with plenty of fun, hands-on and family-friendly activities.
This year’s festival will showcase just how easy it is to incorporate sustainable living choices and actions into your everyday life.
Experts will share advice about:
- urban biodiversity
- backyard food production
- sustainable transport
- waste reduction, recycling and the circular economy
- water and energy saving.
This festival helps Boroondara work towards the goals of our Climate Action Plan by:
- engaging with our community
- providing education opportunities on climate action
What’s on show in 2022:
- Animals of Oz native show
- Electric bikes
- Water wise gardening
- Live band
- Busy beesRotarians for Bees will be there to help you to become a Busy Bee and:
- create a bee-friendly garden
- make your own native ‘bee hotel’ for your garden
- keep productive honey bees in your backyard.
You can also see our live honey bee hive display.
Watch this space, for more activities being announced over the coming weeks!
For more information, call the Environmental Sustainability team on (03) 9278 4444 or email email@example.com.
Visit our Sustainable living workshops and events page for sustainability news and updates.
The Sustainable Living Festival will be held alongside the Boroondara Farmers Market.
Saturday 19 November 2022, 8 am to 12.30 pm
Boroondara Farmers Market car park, Auburn Road, Hawthorn East
Keep updated with updates here.